Homemade Halloween Treats for School: Double Chocolate Donut Recipe
If you have children and are still looking for Halloween treat ideas for school, try these yummy double chocolate donuts and bake them for a lighter version!
Ready for a spooky weekend? If you have children at home, you are probably looking for Halloween treat ideas for school.
We have already suggested you some healthy Halloween treats to hand out (our choclate apple rings are delicious!), but today we want to give you a really yummy snack or dessert that children will love: double chocolate donuts.
Halloween offers just one more chance to cook this yummy treats, but you can repeat this homemade chocolate donuts recipe throughout the whole year, possibly baking them insted of frying. One more recommendation: use organic dark chocolate. This will make a difference!
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut Recipe
- Dissolve the yeast in lightly tepid milk.
- Add all ingredients to the mixer: Flour 00, cocoa, egg and yolk, sugar, milk, water, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Knead at low speed.
- Cut the cold butter into smaller pieces and add them one by one to the mixture.
- Add the teaspoon of salt.
- Transfer the dough onto a stack, if necessary add more flour.
- Make a ball, put it in a bowl, cover it and let it rise until its volume doubles in a lukewarm place with no air currents.
- When he dough is doubled in volume, dust a pastry board with some flour and place the dough on it.
- Roll out the dough until it is of the right thickness (1 and 1/2 cm) and cut many circles 7-8 cm with a mold. Cut a smaller 3-cm hole in the center of every disc so as to have meny rings.
- Place the Chocolate Donuts on oven paper and let them rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- Time to fry! Heat the oil (it should be warm but not too hot).
- Fry two chocolate donuts at a time, turning them gently until golden.
- Drain in a colander and then on absorbent paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie together with a nut of butter and cover the surface of each chocolate donuts with the cream obtained.
An alternative to frying. For those who care of calories, is baking the dnouts at 180 ° for about 15 minutes, and you will get lighter Donuts, with a similar texture to a brioche. The choice is up to you!
So far, you have made delicious single-colored double chocolate donuts. Below, you can find some creative ideas to decorate your Halloween donuts.