Homemade Halloween Treats with Dark Chocolate
Time of monsters and pupkins... Halloween is coming! Here we are with some spooky Halloween treats, a chocolate idea for children and adults!
Time of pumpkins and monsters, Halloween is coming! Here we are with some Halloween treats diy!
What we describe hereunder is the basic recipe, easy to accomplish, on which you can shape all your monstrous ideas. Have fun to create Halloween treats for kids or for adults, everybody will love them!
We prefer organic dark chocolate because is good for health, very nutritious and can improve blood flow and it's rich of antioxidants. Furthermore, dark chocolate reduces stress and makes us happier.
To create your decorations use a pastry bag. If you are not sure of the decorations for your sweets, make them first on a paper sheet and try to draw them on a cardboard. In the cooking tips after the instructons, you can discover how to make a vegan Halloween treat decoration.
If the icing sugar decoration ends, make it again and change the color. And if you have children, they can be special Halloween treats for school parties.
- In a double boiler melt 3.5 oz chopped chocolate.
- Mix and check the temperature with a thermometer: when it reaches 131° F remove the pan from heat.
- Add the remaining chopped dark chocolate.
- When it gets down to 80° F, continue cooking in a bain-marie, until reaching 86° F.
- If you have molds for chocolate you can use them, otherwise with the help of a tablespoon shape some diss on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture gently in order to get 1.5/2-inch discs.
- Let them solidify in a cool and dry place.
- Then remove gently from the parchment paper.
To make royal icing...
In a bow whip the egg white, then add the lemon juice and the icing sugar (a tablespoon one by one). When you add the last tablespoon of sugar, put the food coloring. Use it soon to decorate your chocolate.
You can store them under vacuum in a plastic container. They should be consumed within a week.
To make a vegan version of the icing sugar decoration put 3.5 oz of icing sugar in a bowl; in a little saucepan bring 2 tablespoon of water to a boil. Add it to the icing sugar one tablespoon by one. Mix until the sugar melts completely. Also in this case you can color your icing cream, if you want.