Homemade Cheese Biscuits: Gorgonzola and Walnuts
Keep ready to astonish your friends with these blue cheese biscuits appetizer, the right recipe for a successful aperitif!
A pre-dinner drink, an aperitif is meant to whet the appetite of your guests. You can serve it with some finger food and savory appetizers like these homemade cheese biscuits. It is a sort of shortbread made with walnuts and cheese that satisfies any palates.
This easy cheese biscuits recipe is made with piquanbt gorgonzola cheese that combines best with the sweeter taste of walnuts. Success is guaranteed!
So, keep ready to astonish your friends with an amazing aperitif and with these blue cheese biscuits appetizer.
- Remove the reind from Gorngonzola, dice the cheese, and put it in a bowl.
- Add grated parmigiano reggiano and mix.
- Mince the walnuts and put aside.
- In another bowl put sifted flour, add butter (at room teremperature), yeast, salt and pepper.
- Knead until to obtain a smooth dough.
- Add the mix of gorgonzola and parmigiano and knead again.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and put into the refrigarator for half an hour.
- Roll out the dough and with the help of a mould cut the biscuits.
- Put them in a baking tray.
- Brush the biscuits with cream and cover them with walnuts.
- Cook in oven at 356°F for 20 minutes.
- Take the biscuits out of the oven and let them cool.
Ham and cheese biscuits is another good combination. If you want to serve two variants of the recipe, add to half of the dough some chopped cured ham.
Serve with red wine or a good Golden Ale!