Halloween Party Food for Adults: Chilli Chocolate Cake with Berry Sauce
Today we want to dedicate two great recipes to those who look for Halloween treats for adults: an easy chocolate cake with chilli and cherries.
Halloween party ideas for adults only are not very common, but who said that only children can have fun on October 31st? Today we want to dedicate two great recipes to those who look for Halloween treats for adults.
This “bloody” chilly chocolate cake is a tempting and highly effective dessert, a great idea to celebrate All Hallows' Eve and close your Halloween dinner party menu with a sweet and spicy touch at the same time.
- Grate the chocolate and melt it in a water bath, adding the chili powder. The amount of hot peppers will vary depending on the type you use and your personal taste. We especially recommend to use dark organic chocolate.
- Soften the butter, cut it into small pieces and mix it with sugar until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add the chilly chocolate cream to this mixture, a tablespoon at a time, and the egg yolks, one by one, after separating them from the whites.
- Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt and add them a little at a time to the mixture, along with the flour. Mix gently from bottom to top.
- Grease and flour a 7-inch baking pan, pur the batter into it the and bake at 302 ° F for about half an hour.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool, then remove from the pan and cut in half horizontally with a long, sharp knife, and then fill it with black berry jam.
- Prepare the cake frosting by melting the powdered sugar on the stove with two tablespoons of water, then add the grated chocolate and the remaining hot chili powder. When the frosting reaches a smooth, homogeneous consistency, pour it and spread it evenly on the cake.
- Now, make the cherry topping. Just melt some jam with a little hot water in order to obtain a smooth sauce. Boil for a few minutes.If you want, you can add a dash of liqueur like Rum or Cherry brandy.
- Before serving, sprinkle the cake surface with abundant berry topping.
If you are planning an adult party only, also read our Halloween party drinks idea.