Halloween Dessert: Sweet Fried Pumpkin Balls
Here we are with one of our delicious Halloween desserts, quick and easy to prepare for your children's snack, but also excellent for a special finger food dessert.
Our main ingredient is the pumpkin, queen of autumn cuisine. Pumpkin can be used in many recipes, both sweet and savory: soups, cakes, creams and with baked vegetables... If you lov it, look at our many Halloween recipes using pumpkin.
This recipe is simple and fast, the only drawback is the preparaton time, but in the two hours that you will need to wait you can still do other things, cooking other dishes or why not, do yoga!
Use this Halloween recipe for a children’s party, they will love it!
- First of all, clean the pumpkin! Deprive it from the peel and seeds, and cut into cubes.
- Cook it for 20 minutes at 200 ° F in the oven in a pan covered with greaseproof paper.
- With a fork, mash it to make a purée and let it cool.
- Put the pumpkin puree in a colander, always using a fork, press it to make it lose its water, this is very important.
- Now we can begin to knead our doeugh: put the pumpkin in a bowl, add the eggs,the yeast previously dissolved in warm water, the orange juice, salt, sugar and flour.
- Mix until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Put the dough to rise for about 2 hours.
- Once ready, make some balls with the help of a spoon.
- In a large steel pan heat the peanut oil.
- When the oil reaches 345 ° F you can start frying small balls of dough.
- When the pumpkin balls are golden brown, remove them with the help of a slotted spoon and put them to dry excess oil on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and eat still hot.
Pair the sweet pumpking fried balls with dark chocolate squares. Good Halloween!