Halloween Dessert: Sweet Fried Pumpkin Balls
A finger food Halloween recipe to prepare for your party. A delicious fried dessert, perfect for the pumpkin's lovers, both kids and adults!
- First of all, clean the pumpkin! Deprive it from the peel and seeds, and cut into cubes.
- Cook it for 20 minutes at 200 ° F in the oven in a pan covered with greaseproof paper.
- With a fork, mash it to make a purée and let it cool.
- Put the pumpkin puree in a colander, always using a fork, press it to make it lose its water, this is very important.
- Now we can begin to knead our doeugh: put the pumpkin in a bowl, add the eggs,the yeast previously dissolved in warm water, the orange juice, salt, sugar and flour.
- Mix until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Put the dough to rise for about 2 hours.
- Once ready, make some balls with the help of a spoon.
- In a large steel pan heat the peanut oil.
- When the oil reaches 345 ° F you can start frying small balls of dough.
- When the pumpkin balls are golden brown, remove them with the help of a slotted spoon and put them to dry excess oil on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and eat still hot.
Pair the sweet pumpking fried balls with dark chocolate squares. Good Halloween!