Grilled Swordfish with Sun-Dried Tomatoes Sauce
One of the most prized and delicious fish is undoubtedly the swordfish. Given the particular characteristics of its meat, many consider it halfway between meat and fish. Its particular consistency makes that it can lend itself to different cooking methods. However, grilling allows to bring out all the taste of fresh swordfish.
Pay attention when you buy it since the fish must be of excellent quality. To check its freshness, first of all, press the fillet with your finger, the mark you left should disappear quickly. As regards texture and color, the meat must be well compacted and pinkish, absolutely not yellow.
Here we suggest you a recipe with grilled swordfish steaks served with a typical Mediterranean pesto sauce made with sun-dried tomatoes, a real treat for you and your friends!
Once tried, you dill be addicted to this grilled swordfish recipe!
First of all, prepare the sauce.
- Chop the dried tomatoes.
- Add drained capers, the anchovy paste, grated lemon zest along with 2 tbs of juice.
- Mix the ingredients and, when reached the right consistency, add salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, cover it and refrigerate.
Some people instead of anchovy paste, capers and lemon zes, use pine nuts, basil and extra virgin olive oil.
Let's see now how to prepare the fish.
- Wash the fish thoroughly under running water and then peel it.
- Dry with kitchen paper.
- Make a swordfish marinade with olive oil, pepper, salt, garlic and lemon juice (or white wine) and cook on the grill for 4-6 minutes (read more on marinades).
- Be careful since the oil leaking on the grill could generate fire.
Once ready, garnish the swordfish with the dried tomatoes sauce and some chopped parsley and serve hot.
Home Dinner by Ernest Andrade, used under CC BY ND 2.0, changed
Tasty swordfish steak by Jameel Winter used under CC BY 2.0