Gnocchi with Castelmagno Cheese and Walnuts
Gnocchi with Castelmagno is a traditional recipe from Piedmont, a tasty dish from Occitan cuisine very simple to do.
Castelmagno's versatile qualities make it an appreciated ingredient in any kind of recipes: this deli cheese can be used grated over pasta dishes (like Parmigiano Reggiano), in sauces for risotti or gnocchi (like Gorgonzola cheese) or as a cheese fondue (like Fontina cheese).
Gnocchi with Castelmagno and walnut sauce is a traditional dish from Piedmont, a tasty dish from Occitan cuisine and is very simple.
The only difficult step is the preparation of homemade gnocchi. While the gnocchi If you have no time, you can buy them. But if you like genuine food, learn how to make gnocchi and surprise your friends!
How to Make Castelmagno Cheese Gnocchi
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Salt the water and drop in the gnocchi. They are ready when they begin to float.
- Mix the Castelmagno cheese, the butter and the milk in a pan and simmer until everything has melted.
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Season with pepper and sprinkle with the finely chopped walnuts.
- For a nice presentetion, serve the gnocchi in a leaf of Italian chicory and sprinkle with Parmesan flakes.