Gnocchi with Castelmagno Cheese and Walnuts
Gnocchi with Castelmagno is a traditional recipe from Piedmont, a tasty dish from Occitan cuisine very simple to do.
How to Make Castelmagno Cheese Gnocchi
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Salt the water and drop in the gnocchi. They are ready when they begin to float.
- Mix the Castelmagno cheese, the butter and the milk in a pan and simmer until everything has melted.
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Season with pepper and sprinkle with the finely chopped walnuts.
- For a nice presentetion, serve the gnocchi in a leaf of Italian chicory and sprinkle with Parmesan flakes.