Gluten Free Spaghetti Recipe with Turnip Greens, Buffalo Mozzarella and Anchovy
This gluten free pasta recipe is absolutely tasty and can be cooked with all kinds of pasta. The main ingredients are Buffalo Mozzarella, Anchovies and Turnip Greens.
Healthy Ingredients: Turnip GreensTurnip greens (Brassica rapa inflorescences) are antioxidants, rich in minerals, depurative. Famous in the world as one of the main ingredients of Apulian cuisine (anyone who has had to do with Apulia will definitely have heard about the famous orecchiette with Turnip Greens), they give a lot of benefits to our health. Rich in Iron, phosphorus and calcium sources of Vitamin A, C and Group B, turnip greens are excellent for energy recovery, for this reasone they are recommended for those who play sports. Furthermore, they have very few calories.
How to Cook Gluten Free Pasta Sauce
How to Cook the Sauce
- Dice the buffalo mozzarella and put it in a perforated pan for a night in the fridge so it loses all the moisture.
- Wash the turnip greens and set aside a few leaves.
- Mix mozzarella, milk, cornstarch and a pinch of salt in a hermetically sealed glass jar.
- Close the jar and boil it in boiling water for 40 minutes, then blend until getting a dense, creamy consistency.
How to Cook Turnip Greens
- Cook the turnip greens in boiling water, drain and cool in water and ice (10 minutes).
- Blend half of the turnip peaks with a little cooking water, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Process the stale bread with anchovies and a clove of garlic, toast in the oven or or panfry in a little olive oil.
How To Cook Gluten Free Spaghetti
- In boiling salted water cook the Spaghetti, following the instructions on the pack.
- 2 minutes before the cooking time, drain the pasta. Remember to set aside a glass of cooking water.
- Pour them in the pan with the Turnip Greens, adding a skillet of pasta cooking water if necessary.
- Pour a ladle of Mozzarella fondue on the base of the dish, place a nest of spaghetti, on it and decorate with the anchovies bread and some whole turnip greens leaves.
Serve with a good full-bodied red wine like a Primitivo di Manduria. Buon appetito!