Fresh Apricot BBQ Sauce Recipe: the Ultimate Grilling Glaze
BBQ sauce is a religion. When you find your favorite one you never leave it! Try this yummy apricot barbecue sauce to use as grilling glaze for your summer barbecues.
BBQ sauce is a religion. When you find your favorite one you never leave it! For this reason I invite you to experiment with the ingredients and the preparations. The original barbecue sauce does not exist, there are infinite interpretations of it.
Some like it spicy and super caramelized, others prefer it spicy, I love it with the add of whiskey, others prefer beer. But this time we'll make a yummy apricot barbecue sauce to use as grilling glaze for your summer barbecues.
Apricot glazed pork ribs are amazing, have you ever tried them? If you prefer, replace apricot jam with peach jam, but possibly buy organic fruit jam.
How to Make the Barbecue Apricot Sauce
- Melt the butter in a pan, over medium heat.
- Add the minced onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and bring to a boil until the mixture is almost completely reduced, for about 4 minutes.
- Add the mustard and the jam chosen.
- Cook on slow fire, stir until the jam is melted for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the fire and add the Bourbon and salt.
Serve this sauce as grilling glaze for chicken, pork chops, but also duck or lamb meat.