Four Cheese Ravioli with Black Truffle
Ravioli are a traditional filled pasta very appreciated by the lovers of Italian cuisine. Depending on the region and on the local culinary habits, they can be stuffed with fish, vegetables, prosciutto, or, as in this case, with cheese, and...
Ravioli are a traditional filled pasta very appreciated by the lovers of Italian cuisine. Depending on the region and on the local culinary habits, they can be stuffed with fish, vegetables, prosciutto, or, as in this case, with cheese, and seasoned with sauces or dips. Ravioli also change in the name: in fact, they are called agnolotti in Piedmont, anolini in the Parma area, ravaioli in the Marche, and so on.
The idea we suggest is Ravioli with four cheeses, one of the most delicious variant of this type of pasta.
Homemade Four Cheese Ravioli
The most difficult step in this recipe is to make homemade pasta.
- First you need to sift the flour and form the typical fountain on a wooden board.
- With a fork, better if made of wood, beat the eggs and add them to the flour. Mix the ingredients for about 15 minutes, having the accuracy to sprinkle some flour on the board occasionally, so that the paste does not stick to the board.
- Add the water a little at a time, in such quantity as to obtain a smooth and hearty pasta.
- When you begin to see small bubbles, pick it up and form a sort of ball that you will live to rest, preferably covered with a damp cloth, for about half an hour. Alternatively, you can use Bertagni's Chanterelle and Ricotta Cappellacci.
How to make the cheese filling
- As for the four-cheese filling, put the grated parmesan, the cubes of emmental cheese, of taleggio and of gorgonzola in a bowl and add some chopped parsley, a sprinkling of nutmeg, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. However, if we realize that your cheese filling is too thick, add some cream or whole milk.
- Next, take the paste previously prepared and make two thin pasta sheets. Distribute the filling on one of them in small heaps well spaced one from another.
- Cover it with the other sheet and try to stick them to each other, pressing with your fingers around the heaps of filling.
- Take a cutter wheel and cut the ravioli squares.
- Put water to boil in a pot of medium size, and add some salt. Then boil the ravioli.
- In a double boiler melt the butter and use it to flavor your cooked ravioli. Finally add the slats of Italian black truffle.
And enjoy your meal!