Four Cheese Pizza Recipe
Four Cheese, “Quattro Formaggi” in Italian, is a typical Italian cheesy sauce used to season pasta, pizza or as a dip.
Cooking tipsFour Cheese Pizza must be eaten hot to prevent the cheese from getting cold and hard. Here we suggest you the most traditional combination of cheeses. Yet, cooking is a creative job, thereofre you are free to substitute or add one or more cheeses, if you want.
- Make your Pizza dough or buy it if you don't have enough time, and roll it out onto a lightly floured surface. The Pizza base myust be 0.2-inch thick.
- Place your pizza on a olive-oil-rubbed and flour dusted pan.
- With a fork make some holes on the pizza sheet before seasoning.
- Remove the rind from gorgonzola and fontina and cut all the cheeses (except Parmesan) into small cubes.
- Distribute all the cheese onto your dough and season with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake the pizza at 425° F in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve it very hot!