Farro Salad with Vegetables, Mushrooms and Cheese
Today we suggest you a tasty original farro salad, made with genuine ingredients like cereals, vegetables and cheese. Ready to taste this delicious Italian farro salad recipe?
When it's hot the idea to eat soups and complicated dishes is umbearable. So, what to do for dinner? You won't be able to eat sandwiches every day. The answer is salads! And not simple lettuce salads. Today we suggetst you a tasty original farro salad, made with genuine ingredients like cereals, vegetables and cheese. Ready to taste this delicious Italian farro salad recipe?
How to Make the Farro Salad with Vegetables and Cheese
- Chop carrots, mushrooms and zucchini into small pieces.
- Put them into a pan with some oil, add salt and saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Boil the farro*.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, cut the mozzarella and Fontina cheese into cubes and put them in a bowl.
- Also add the previously cooked vegetables.
- Mix everything and season with extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve the farro salad at room temperature.
Tips: To make it even more tasty and complete, add boiled shrimp or squid cut into rings, but in this case eliminate cheese from the recipe.
*If the cereal is husked you will soak it for at least 12 hours, followed by a long cooking in boiling salted water (usually one hour). If instead it is pearly (the external covering is partially removed) soaking is not required and cooking time will be reduced (usually from 20 to 40 minutes).