Farro Salad with Pecorino Cheese, Honey, Pears and Arugula
Pecorino cheese and honey is a devine combination. Cheese and pears too. So, why don't you mix all these ingredients, add some aragula leaves and a sublime cereal like barley to make a refined healthy salad?
You can use this recipe to make an original cheese and honey appetizer, for example served in small bowls, or for a complete meal. Let's see how to make it.
- Rinse the barley and boil it in salted water for 35 minutes (or as long as indicated on the package).
- Drain it, let cool and transfer into a large bowl.
- Mix the olive oil in a small bowl with vinegar, honey, a pinch of salt and a generous grinding of pepper, stir and set aside.
- Wash the rocket, drain it and hop it coarsely.
- Cut the cheese into small pieces.
- Wash the pears without peeling them, dry, cut into wedges, remove the core and then cut it into very thin slices.
- Add the leaves of arugula, the slices of pear and the cheese to the farro, season with the honey sauce and serve .
- If you like, you can enrich the salad with 4-5 chopped walnuts.
Alternatively, you can replace the pears with slices of grilled onions (picture). The video below illustrates all the characteristics and properties of farro.