Farro Salad with Olives and Pecorino
A genuine spelt recipe with high quality ingredients: organic farro, Italian pecorino and olives. Descover how to cook spelt what are the benefits for your health.
- Soak the farro for 12 hours. Then rinse under running water, drain and cook in salted boiling water for about 45 minutes. Add a clove of garlic to the water to add flavor.
- When ready, drain and season with 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a pinch of salt, oregano and a pinch of red pepper. Stir and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Peel onions and cut them into thin slices.
- Cut the Pecorino cheese into cubes.
- Wash basil leaves and chop them with the hands.
- When the farro is cold, add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle with the basil leaves and serve the farro salad.