Fall Vegetable Recipe: Pumpkin Gratin with Parmesan Cheese
The pumpkin is starring in today's recipe, a tasty fall vegetable recipe, and a quick and easy side dish: pumpkin gratin with cheese.
It's fall, time of dry leaves and orange nuances, prelude to winter. The green leaves on trees have already given way to an intense golden yellow nature.
It's also time for autumn vegetables: it's time for a delicious pumpkin, queen of the kitchen in this season. It is a very versatile ingredient. Thanks to its delicate taste you can use it for the preparation of many pumpkin recipes: baked, steamed, as a seasoning for risotto and pasta and... even tasted on its own. In fact, the pumpkin is starring in today's recipe, a tasty fall vegetable recipe, and a quick and easy side dish: pumpkin gratin with cheese.
The pumpkin is flavored and browned in the oven, and can be served accompanied by many other ingredients and sauces. Perfect match for meat dishes, this recipe allows you to bring to the table color and taste in a jiffy.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Cut the pumpkin into slices without peeling it.
- Remove the inner filaments and seeds.
- Add salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, put the butter with the leaves of sage and thyme. Melt and let cool.
- In a mixer put white bread, Parmesan cheese, and the pumpkin seeds (watch the video below to see how to toast pumpkin seeds).
- Blend, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the pumpkin slices with the melted butter and sprinkle the bread mixture on both sides.
- Arrange the slices on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Pour the remaining butter on the pumpkin.
- Cook in hot oven for about 30 minutes, until you can see a crispy crust.
- Serve hot accompanying it with a creamy cheese.