Easy Christmas Appetizers: Potato Fritters with Parmigiano
The holiday season has already started and there are a lot of occasions to meet family, friends, and cook for all of them. Unfortunately, in this period we're likely to spend more time in the kitchen than with friends, for this reason today we want to suggest you a really easy recipe that will not take up too much time, a special idea for those searching for easy Christmas appetizers finger foods.
You will need just a few ingredients: eggs, potatos and parmesan cheese, simple ingredients for this Christmas appetizer idea that everybody will like. A platter of cheese and potatoes pancakes to serve with other special holiday foods. You can complete your appetizer for Christmas party with another time-saving idea: prepare a platter with a mix of Italian cold cuts like cured ham, salami, speck, olives and a selection of at least three different kind of cheeses. And don't forget to add some excellent crackers!
- Wash the potatoes and peel them.
- Grate them still raw and put in a bowl together with the grated Parmigiano cheese, a pinch of salt, pepper and the egg.
- Mix all the ingredients untill you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Heat a little of oil in a pan and when it's hot spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan; flatten slightly. Repeat this procedure until the mixture is over.
- Cook for a few minutes each side.
- Serve your pancakes still hot!
You can keep the fritters in the fridge and warm them in the oven at 390° F for 10 minutes before serving.