Easy Blue Cheese Burger Recipe with Bacon and Onions
Burger with blue cheese sauce: when fast food meets refinement!
The burger with blue cheese sauce is a real treat that you can make at home in a few simple steps. In this recipe fast food meets refinement, giving life to a divine dish! But what to put in a blue cheese burger? It's alla about contrasting flavors and textures. Caramelized onions and lettuce counterbalance the pungent flavor of blue cheese, while crispy bacon gives a great texture in contrast to the juicy burger meat.
- Wash some iceberg salad leaves and dry them well.
- Cut a salad tomato into slices.
- To caramelize the onion, peel it and slice it finely. Place it in a pan and cook over low heat with white sugar, brown sugar and water.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook, stirring gently every now and then, until the onion get a very dark color.
- Put the slices of bacon in a pan on low heat until crispy.
- Add salt and pepper to the minced meat.
- Take 5 to 6 ounces of meat and lightly toss from hand to hand, forming a ball and thanj ust press down gently so as to shape your burger.
- Grill the beef burger on both sides. Finally, create your own burger starting with the iceberg salad leaves, the tomato slices, the beef burger, the caramelized red onion rings, two slices of crispy bacon and finally your blue cheese topping.
- To make the blue cheese burger sauce, boil the cream and pour it on the Stilton, mix well with an immersion blender, until the sauce becomes gray.
You can replace cream with Stracchino cheese and some milk for a lighter version and use turkey instead of beef meat. In this case add 1 teaspoon of Parmesan to the burger mixture.
Media Type : Stock Photo | Copyright : Brent Hofacker