Easy Baked Potato with Cheese Recipe
Baked potatoes are a traditional Britain and American dish. Potatoes are a basic ingredient that matches well with many different condiments and accompaniments. The classic seasoning includes beans, cheese and onions. Today, we suggest you an easy baked potato with cheese recipe: you can try to experiment your three favorite cheeses, yet we chose a delicious combination of Gouda, Gorgonzola and Fontina.
If you are a meat lovers you can prepare baked potatoes with cheese and bacon. In this case you can eliminate one of the cheeses, or ignore the diet and eat a super savory and succulent baked potato!
Cheese for Baked Potato
Obviously, it's a matter of taste! As we said, potatoes are a wonderful basis for all your ingredient combinations. You can mix different kind of cheeses, as we've done, or taste single flavors. Cheddar, Gouda, Fontina, Pecorino (not aged), Gorgonzola both sweet and piquant... try and discover your favourite one.
How to Make Baked Potatoes with Cheese
- Cook the potatoes in salted water for 25 minutes, then test with a toothpick or a fork: the potatoes are ready when they are tender all the way through.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, leaving the two parts attached on one side.
- Salt and add a little bit of oil, then let it cool.
- Dice the cheeses and put them on the potatoes.
- Bake for maximum 10 minutes at 350° F.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve your baked potatoes with cheese hot!
Cooking Baked Potatoes Variants
In this baked potatoes with cheese recipe we blanch the potatoes, but it's also possible make a "twice baked potato", baking the potato two times, the first time you put in the oven just the potatoes, the second time you bake them with the filling.
There is another method, really appreciated by the gourmet palates: the ash roasted potatoes. The potato takes a smoky aftertaste, and can be furtherly flavored with garlic and rosemary. In this case you have to add rosamary and garlic to the potatoes, wrap them aluminium film and put them cooking under warm ashes. After about 20 minutes check if they are ready. Sevre the ash potatoes with salted butter and chives.