Easter Roast Leg of Kid with Truffle
An Easter main course recipe that your guests will love. Enriched by the unique taste of truffle, this roast leg of kid is crazy delicious.
- Blanch the cabbage leaves and put them aside.
- Bone the leg leaving only the final part, as if it were a handle and cut halfway down into the leg along the bone so the meat opens out, creating a sort pocket.
- In a bowl mix the minced meat, the egg, parsley, salt and pepper for the filling.
- Put the filling inside the leg. Add the truffle flakes, the cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Season with the chopped herbs, cover the leg with the bacon, wrap the meat back over and tie it tightly with string,
- Rub the leg's surface with the garlic.
- Put it in a baking tin, season with extra virgin olive oil and a mix of chopped vegatables like onions, carrot and celery.
- Once browned, add some white wine and the broth.
- Bake slowly for 70 minutes at 325 F, being careful not to let it dry.
- Cut the meat into thin slices and flavor them with the cooking sauce.
The best side dish to accompany the roast leg of kid is baked potatoes, but also artichokes and asparagus are a wonderful combination for your spring menu.