Deep Fried Olives Stuffed With Cheese
Are you looking for an easy and yummy appetizer? Try these cheese stuffed olives: they are simple and quick, and above all, really good!
This olive balls recipe can be a perfect snack for a sport night, spent watchinga match with your friends, or can be a successful appetizer in a buffet party.
In this case we decided to fry the cheese filled olives, but you can also prepare a healthier version of this recipe: if you hate frying fill your olives with Fontina, or goat cheese and serve them fresh, or bake in the oven.
Green Olives Stuffed with Blue Cheese
For the strong flavor lovers, you can stuff olives with blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese. Try this combination for a gourmet date. We recommend to use for this recipe authentic Italian olives, to ensure the genuine flavor of an excellent production.
How to stuff olives
Filling the olives is a simple procedure, if you have never done it before watch the video!
- Dice the Fontina cheese in small cubes, they have to be of the right size to be inserted in the olives;
- stuff the olives;
- while the oil heats up, whip the egg in a pan; add salt and pepper;
- put the bread crumbs in a dish; do not exagerate with the quantity, if won't be sufficient, you can always add more later.
- now take the stuffed olives and pas them in beatn egg and then in breadcrumbs;
- fry in hot oil until they get a golden-brown color, turning the olives so as to cook them on each side;
- remove them from the oil and put them on paper towels;
- serve the stuffed fried olives hot.