Deep Fried Camembert with Mixed Berry Sauce
Fried Camembert is a mouth-watering idea and a fantastic recipe for a dinner with friends. Serve it with a mixed berry sauce and enjoy!
Camembert cheese is a well-known and appreciated all over the world. This French cheese is great to consume in any setting: whether it is an aperitif or the base for a main dish, Camemebert will be able to add delicious and sophisticated flavors to your meal.
Today we suggest you a mouth-watering recipe: pan fried Camembert. Yes, it isn't definitely a summer dish, but it is really delicious!
How to Make Fried Camembert
- Take the Camebert and cut it into 4 or 8 slices.
- Drop them into the flour, then into the beaten eggs and lastly into the sesame. They should be coated uniformly.
- Pour the oil in a pan and put it on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, dive the Camembert cheese and fry until it is golden.
- Drain the cheese and let it for a few moments on kitchen absorbing paper.
- After frying all the Camembert cheeses, place them on a serving plate over some green salad leaves.
- Serve fried Camembert accompanied by the currant and strawberries sauce.
How to Make the Berry Sauce
- Wash the currants and strawberries, then put them in a pan with the sugar and cook for about half an hour in low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water if too dry.
- Filter the sauce using a strainer.
You can replace the flour and the sesame seeds with breadcrumbs or crushed biscuits.
Images: Camembert, Berries, Salad, by Miss Yasmina, CC BY SA 2.0