Dark Chocolate Fondue with Fruit Recipe
Chocolate fondue is a great last minute recipe to be prepared when you have unexpected guests. We recommend using high quality dark chocolate for an excellent result.
Chocolate fondue is a great last minute recipe to be prepared when you have unexpected guests.
Obviously the necessary condition to prepare an excellent chocolate fondue is having some tablet of delicious chocolate in your pantry.
The preparation takes about twenty minutes only. You can serve chocolate fondue either alone or accompanied by fresh fruit. We recommend using high quality dark chocolate, that is to say with a high cocoa content (minimum 70%). This is to guarantee you an excellent result.
How to Make Chocolate Fondue
- Cut the chocolate into pieces and place them in a heatproof bowl (stainless steel or tempered glass).
- Set the bowl directly in the water and bring it to a simmer, then turn off the flame and let the chocolate sit until it is melted (bain-marie).
- Add the cream slowly, and mix well the two ingredients until smooth.
- Wash the strawberries carefully and dry them on kitchen paper .
- Cut each slice of pineapple into four.
- Wash the Chinese mandarins and peel the bananas, cutting them into small chunks.
- Serve the fruit in individual serving dishes.
- Transfer the chocolate fondue in a special fondue pot under which you will put a small candle that will keep the fondue fluid and warm.
- Place it in the center of the table.
- Serve pouring the fondue into the special saucepan under which you will put a small tea light candle that will keep the fondue fluid and lukewarm (remember to turn it often) and leads directly to the table accompanied with wafers or tongues of cat.
- Remember to give each diner a fruit forks or special fondue forks, so that they can dip the fruit pieces directly into the fondue.
Dont't worry about calories. Remember that dark chocolate fondue recipe is healthy - just blink at cream - contains many important nutrients like potassium, magnesium, vitamins B1, B2, D, and E as well as serotonin, a neurotransmitter acting as an anti-depressant. And don't forget about all the vitamins from the fresh fruit dippers! Jokes aside, for a healthier version, you can try the chocolate fondue with coconut oil or coconut milk instead of cream.