Christmas Dinner Idea: Ravioli Pecorino and Honey
A special Italian recipe for your Christmas eve dinner: homemade ravioli with pecorino cheese and honey, orange butter and chopped walnuts.
How to make homemade ravioli dough
- Pour the flour on a board and give it the classic crater shape;
- place the eggs at the center of the crater and start kneading;
- let the dough rest in a cool place for 20 minutes.
How to make ravioli
- Roll out the dough into two thin sheets;
- cut the sheets into squares with the help of a cutter.
- Grate the pecorino flakes, mix them with the ricotta and place a spoon of this mixture and a teaspoon of honey in the middle of each squares;
- cover with another square to make your Ravioli;
- to close them make a slight pressure on the edges, also with the help of a fork;
- cook the Ravioli in boiling salted water.
To make the Ravioli sauce
- After grating and add a scant teaspoon of sugar and cook over a low heat as long as it will thicken;
- remove from the heat, add salt and pepper to taste;
- add the butter and heat again until it melts completely.
- remove from the heat and add chopped parsley.
Now you have your sauce with butter and orange.
Season the Ravioli with this aromatized sauce, a handful of Pecorino flakes and chopped walnuts.