Christmas Dinner Idea: Ravioli with Pecorino and Honey
A special Italian recipe for your Christmas eve dinner: homemade ravioli with pecorino cheese and honey, orange butter and chopped walnuts.
For the Christmas dinner menu you can choose the traditional Christmas dishes or looking for something unexpected to surprise your guests and their palates.
You know, an Italian traditional dinner should include a homemade pasta dish, a must in the Christmas eve dinner!
In our quest to combine unusual flavors and tradition, we decided to match pecorino cheese and honey with orange butter and chopped walnuts. A really decadent combination!
Cheese and honey is a classic pairing, but in this Christmas dinner recipe we added another interesting ingredientthat is an aromatized butter with scent of orange.
To make homemade ravioli you can roll out the dough with a rolling pin or with a pasta machine, if you have one. Remember to make thin pasta sheets.
Follow our directions to prepare this great Holiday dinner idea, and enjoy your Christmas dinner!
How to make homemade ravioli dough
- Pour the flour on a board and give it the classic crater shape;
- place the eggs at the center of the crater and start kneading;
- let the dough rest in a cool place for 20 minutes.
How to make ravioli
- Roll out the dough into two thin sheets;
- cut the sheets into squares with the help of a cutter.
- Grate the pecorino flakes, mix them with the ricotta and place a spoon of this mixture and a teaspoon of honey in the middle of each squares;
- cover with another square to make your Ravioli;
- to close them make a slight pressure on the edges, also with the help of a fork;
- cook the Ravioli in boiling salted water.
To make the Ravioli sauce
- After grating and add a scant teaspoon of sugar and cook over a low heat as long as it will thicken;
- remove from the heat, add salt and pepper to taste;
- add the butter and heat again until it melts completely.
- remove from the heat and add chopped parsley.
Now you have your sauce with butter and orange.
Season the Ravioli with this aromatized sauce, a handful of Pecorino flakes and chopped walnuts.