Christmas Dessert Idea: Italian Turdilli Recipe
Are you thinking of Christmas dessert? Here you find an easy Christmas dessert recipe to make quickly a fantastic solution!
Would you like to make an Italian traditional Christmas sweet? Today, we want to suggest you an easy Christmas dessert recipe, a typical Calabrian dessert known as Italian Christmas Turdilli.
Turdilli are little sweets made with honey and jam. According to the traditional recipe Turdilli must be fried, but there is an alternative baked Turdilli recipe that is quite popular in some areas of region.
How to make Turdilli? Let’s see to make Turdilli in few simple steps!
- Pour oil and egg in a bowl and mix.
- Meanwhile add flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Mix the bowl’s content until getting a homogeneous dough.
- Devide the dough into thin loaves and then into smaller pieces with the typical Turdilli shape.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the Turdilli.
- Warm honey and jam in different pots over low heat.
- Pour part of the Turdilli into the honey and part into the jam.
- Cover with sprinkles.
Your Italian Christmas dessert is ready. Enjoy!