Chickpeas Salad with Dried Tomatos and Ricotta Salata Cheese
This cold chickpeas recipe is a tasty summer idea that you can serve at lunch or dinner as a main dish, and it is one of the most delicious chickpeas salad recipes in Mediterranean style you can make.
Obviously, you can customize this chickpeas salad according to your taste, add or remove some ingredients and try some tasty variations. For example, you can combine the chickpeas with shrimps, onions, tuna, potatoes and so on. Cook with fantasy and enjoy yourself!
And the great advantage of this summer salad recipe, is that you can prepare it in advance and stored in the refrigerator so that you can eat it when you go back home after a hard working day, or bring it for your Sunday picnic!
How to make the chickpeas salad with dried tomatoes and cheese
Let's see how to make a tasty summer salad recipe with chickpeas and dried tomatoes in a few steps.
- Put the chickpeas in a bowl of water and let them rest overnight. This will make them softer and reduce the cooking time. You can do this the day before in order to gain time.
- Rinse the chickpeas under running water, remove the water and put them in a pan. If you cook the chickpeas by the regular stove-top method it will take about 2/3 hours, whereas if you use a pressure cooker you will reduce the cooking time to 30/40 minutes. Use 2/3 cups of water every 17 oz of chickpeas. Remember to add salt to water and a bay leaf that will make them more digestible and tastier.
- Once ready, drain them. Alternatively, if you are looking for quick and easy chickpeas salad recipes, use pre-cooked canned legumes.
- Let them cool and put them in a bowl.
- Chop the dried tomatoes, slice the Cacioricotta, and add them to the chickpeas.
Dressing for cheese salad
Take a small bowl and mix 6 tablespoons of oil with the lemon juice, a chopped basil sprig and a pinch of salt. Pour over salad and let everything rest for about 15 minutes. You can use this summer salad dressing for other fresh recipes!
How to serve chickpeas salad with ricotta salata cheese
Clean the arugula, cut it into small pieces and place it on the plates in order to create a bed for the salad. Place the chickpeas with cheese and tomatoes on it and season with freshly round pepper.