Cheesy Potato Casserole with Cheddar
Cheddar cheese is the best ingredient to flavor your baked potatoes. Try this simple baked cheddar and potato recipe: you will love it!
Cheddar cheese is the best ingredient to flavor your baked potatoes. The first time that this cheese appeared is in England, in the Somerset region, at the end of the XII century. Then it spred all over the world and with the passing of time it became the most popular cheese in the Anglo-Saxon cuisine, and one of the most used in the world too!
There are a lot of ways to use cheddar cheese in cooking, but today we propose a cheddar and potato casserole, a very simple recipe that you can customize according to your taste: this recipe, using sharp cheddar cheese, becomes very savory and the taste of cheddar fits perfectly with the sweet flavor of potatoes; but if you prefer a more delicate taste, we suggest you a mild cheddar.
This baked cheese and potato casserole is also an easy st Patrick's day recipe that you can prepare very quickly. Best recommended with an Amber or Red Ale.
- Slice the potatoes and the cheese.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a buttered baking pan.
- Cover with a layer of Cheddar and then with another layer of potatoes.
- Mix ricotta, eggs, onions (cut into slices) and chopped parsley, and use this cream to cover the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and bake in a pre-heated oven at 480° F for 30 minutes.
You can enrich your recipe by adding bacon cubes to the mixture before baking.