Cheese and Olive Pie Recipe
Here we are with a savory cheese and olives recipe, quick and easy to make, the perfect recipe for an appetizer with your friends or as a main course.
In this recipe you will also learn how to make the pastry dough, but if you have just a little time you can buy a ready to use puff pastry.
We used Fontina cheese because it matches well with the sweet taste of green olives, but you can also trying different cheese and olive combinations.
Cheese and olive pairing
If you don't have Fontina in your fridge, you can also try one of the following cheeses, perfect with olives and for prepareing pies: Stracchino, Provolone or even a creamy Gorgonzola. Also fresh Ricotta can be used to prepare a quiche.
Now let's start cooking!
How to Make the Cheese and Olive Quiche
- Put the flour, diced butter and a pinch of salt in a mixer. Blend until the mixture gets a crumbly texture.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl, add water and knead until it is smooth.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic film and let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile drain the sundried tomatoes and cut them into julienne stripes.
- Mince the olives and mix them with Fontina cheese, eggs, sour cream, tomatoes and chopped chives.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin to make a thin sheet.
- Grease and flour a baking pan or use a greaseproof paper, lay the pastry sheet on it and pour the cheese and olives mixture inside.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 356° F for 45 minutes.