Best Pumpkin Mac and Cheese Recipe
This ‘hidden veggie’ mac and cheese recipe is the perfect choice for the entire family and a great way to get your kids to eat more vegetables!
When it comes to comfort food, mac and cheese stands at the top of the list. It’s a unique dish loved by both adults and children.
Mac and cheese is a perfect classic that you can easily enrich with the ingredients you prefer: bacon, veggies or your favorite cheese!
Step away from the ready-made stuff, and give this healthy homemade mac and cheese recipe a try.
This ‘hidden veggie’ mac and cheese recipe, with its irresistible golden, buttery breadcrumb topping, is the perfect choice for the entire family and a great way to get your kids to eat more vegetables!
A simple Mac and Cheese Recipe Without Flour
- Place the cauliflower and pumpkin in a pan. Cover with water and put on medium heat.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft (add a little more water if it’s a bit dry, but not too much).
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente in a pot of salted water for the cooking time indicated on the packaging.
- Drain and set aside the water from the pasta.
- When the vegetables are cooked, transfer them to a blender. Add a cup of the pasta water (or more if necessary), and mix until the mixture has a creamy texture.
- Pour the vegetable mixture back into the pan, put on medium heat, and add the milk and all the cheeses.
- Mix well.
- Add the pasta and cook for a few minutes more before serving.
- If you don't like cauliflower, you can replace it with the same quantity of different vegetables.