Baked Stuffed Zucchini Flowers with Italian Cheese and Pistachios
Stuffed zucchini flowers is a delicious and simple to prepare summer dish appetizer to get your party started. Wow the crowd with these easy summer appetizer!
Cheese stuffed zucchini flowers (fiori di zucca) can be a fine appetizer recipe for this period: we are in the zucchini blossoms season that starts in June and lasts for almost the whole summer. In Italy stuffed zucchini flowers is a typical season dish and if you have never tasted it you absolutely have to try.
The Italian cuisine lovers will surely have already enjoyed the most known version with mozzarella and anchovies. For those who have never eaten this flower: the zucchini blossoms taste is delicate and you can add it to your summer dishes like pasta and pizza recipes but definetly the best way to prepare zucchini flowers is stuffing.
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
The classic way to cook zucchini blossoms is frying them, but a healty alternative to fried zucchini flowers is bake them as in this simple recipe. You will appreciate the mix of cheeses used (Marzolino rosso cheese, Robiola and Parmigiano reggiano) and the addition of genuine pistachio grain.
- Turn on the oven at 350° F.
- In the food precessor mix the cheeses, the pistachio grain and a pinch of salt, until you get a creamy and compact mixture.
- Wash the zucchini flowers and cut off the pistils inside the blossoms: you can see them if you just gently open the petals of the flowers.
- Now you can put the mixture in a pastry bag to fill the zucchini blossoms.
- Oil a baking pan and lay the stuffed zucchini flowers.
- Add salt, sprinkle with bread crumbs and add alittle bit of oil.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes at 350° F.
Let rest for 5 minutes and serve: cheese stuffed zucchini flowers are excellent warm but not too hot because of the cheese stuffing.