Grilled Stuffed Squids: an Italian Recipe
These stuffed squid recipe will make your Christmas Eve menu tasty! A quick and easy recipe to make, with all the fragrance of Christmas! In fact, it is a rich recipe, very popular among those who can't help eating seafood on Christmas eve!
These baked stuff calamari are very easy to make, and can be prepared in advance. Also for this reason it is a perfect seafood Christmas platter: you won't go crazy in the kitchen during your dinner!
Just put them in the oven 10 minutes before serving and you'll have a refined dish that will conquer everybody!
This stuffed calamari recipe is Italian, and includes some of the most typical ingredents from the Mediterranean diet: olives, capers, dried tomatoes. Let's see how to make it step by step.
for the squid filling recipe:
- clean and wash the squids;
- cut the tentacles and finely chop them;
- in a large skillet, fry the chopped tentacles with a tablespoon of oil, a clove of garlic and chopped parsley;
- add the wine and once it has vapored, remove from heat;
- put the breadcrumbs in milk to soften and when soaked, squeeze them well and add it to the tentacles in the pan, pan-fry all together for a few minutes.
- let cool and then transfer them into a bowl;
- rinse and chop the capers;
- unpit and chop olives;
- chop the dried tomatoes;
- add the cheese, eggs, the dried tomatoes, the olives and the capers to the mixture prepared with breadcrumbs and tentacles;
- stir well and then add salt and pepper.
- With a spoon or with the help of a pastry bag fill in the squids that you will close the squid with a toothpick;
- bake in the oven with a drizzle of oil and and two cloves of garlic for 40 minutes at 356 ° C;
- every now and then, wet them with their own sauce;
- before serving add chopped parsley.