Baked Pumpkin with Cheese Fondue: a Thanksgiving Gourmet Appetizer
This is definitely one of our best gourmet Thanksgiving recipes: baked pumpkin stuffed with cheese fondue.
It is a simple vegetarian recipe to be made in the oven in a very short time. Furthermore, this cheese fondue in pumpkin can be an excellent Thanksgiving appetizer idea able to gather friends around a table, while giving great fun to kids.
Let's see how to make it and serve it, step by step.
Baking a Whole Pumpkin Stuffed with Cheese
- Thoroughly wash the mini pumpkin and dry it with a clean cloth.
- Cut the upper cap and set it aside.
- Remove the pumpkin seeds (that you can save and then roast separately) and filaments.
- Peel the garlic and chop it.
- In a bowl mix the cream, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture obtained into the pumpkin.
- Dice the cheeses you chose and put them into pumpkin too.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with the cap.
- In a preheated oven at 356 ° F cook for about 50 minutes. The cheese should melt and the pulp of the pumpkin should be soft. You can check it using a fork.
- Meanwhile, cut the bread slices into smaller pieces.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and brown the bread slices. Alternatively you can bake them.
How to Serve the Pumpkin with the Cheese Fondue
- Serve the cheese fondue in roasted pumpkin very hot with the fried bread.
- With the help of a knife, try to cut the pulp from the bottom and the baked whole pumpkin and mix it to the melted cheese.
- Once the pumpkin is empty you can scrape out the remaining pulp and "recycle" in new pumpkin recipes.
This pumpkin fondue appetizer is perfect for important dinners such as Christmas Day or New Year's Eve.