Baked Camembert Cheese in Pastry with Pears and Cranberries
Cheese and fruit is a delicious combination, both fresh or cooked in recipes. Try this baked Camembert with pears and cranberries, an original dish, simple, delicious and rich of flavor!
Cheeses and fruits is a delicious combination that you can be serving in many ways: for appetizer or also like a main dish. Do you never taste baked Camembert with pears and cranberries? Young version of this famous French cheese combines its creamy and milky savor with a sweetness of pears and that pinch of acidity typical of cranberries.
About Camembert cheese
Camembert is a one of most known French cheeses made with cow’s milk and usually serve with jam, honey and fried fruits; also an aged Camembert with its flavor more intense, is perfect of these combinations. Creamy and soft consistency of this cheese is characterized by a supple interior that can make ideal for many baked Camembert recipes. You must only choose ingredients that prefer. We suggest a mix among this amazing cheese, pear and cranberries.
We have just to try and enjoy this simple and delicious recipe!
Baked cheese in pastry
- Dice the pears and marinate them with balsamic vinegar.
- Cut Camembert in half horizontally and fill it with pears, dried cranberries and almonds.
- Roll up Camembert with cellophane and put it in freezer for half hour.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and place Camembert in the middle of it.
- Sprinkle with minced almonds and wrap it with the dough.
- Brush the surface with a beaten egg.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy this delicious baked camembert in pastry.
Try also other baked Camembert recipes.