Artichoke and Bottarga Salad
Bottarga and raw artichokes is a very popular combination due to the fantastic association of these two flavors. Try this bottarga and artichoke salad for a special appetizer!
Bottarga and raw artichokes is a very popular combination due to the fantastic association of these two flavors. As a matter of fact the two ingredeintes often appear together in Sardinian recipes, in the form of appetizers, salads, first dishes. Here we offer you a simple recipe, to be consumed as a delicious appetizer.
- Cut the the artichokes into thin slices and put them in a bowl full of water and half a lemon juice.
- Slice the radishes and the avocado very thinly. Sprinkle with little lemon juice to avoid blackening them.
- Cut the the bottarga into thin slices too.
- Blend 150 g of oil with 1 lemon juice, one teaspoon of mustard and add the bottarga: you have to get a creamy and smooth sauce, similar to a mayonnaise, but slightly more fluid.
- Cut the mozzarella into small pieces and place them on a sheet of kitchen paper to remove the excess liquid.
- Mix the artichokes, the radishes and avocado slices in a bowl, complete with the buffalo mozzarella, the sliced bottarga and season with the sauce.
- Make rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Sardinian flatbread pane Carasau.
For a lighter version of this salad, follow the same instructions but don't add mozzarella.
Main image: Alessio Orr, 123RF