Apple Gravy for Thanksgiving Dinner
This apple gravy is a very simple recipe and a perfect accompaniment for meat. It is perfect with pork, beef and also white meat.
For this reason, we suggest you to serve it with the apple gravy together with the traditional Thanksgiving turkey. together with the traditional Thanksgiving turkey.
- Peel the apples and remove the core.
- Cut them into thin slices and put them in a saucepan with cold water till they are covered.
- Add grated lemon peel and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Stir often until you obtain a puree.
- At this point, remove from heat and add the sugar and the cubes of butter.
- Whisk up a couple of minutes, until everything is well blended.
- Serve warm.