Appetizer for Christmas: Vol au Vents with Four Cheeses and Pomegranate
A quick and easy Christmas party recipe, a perfect fingerfood idea for a stylish appetizer.
Here we are with a quick and easy Christmas party recipe, useful also if you have to prepare a Christmas dinner for a crowd.
To prepare a delicious vol au vent filling we suggest a four cheeses sauce: in this Christmas appetizer recipe we used Robiola for a more delicate taste; on the contrary, if you like a strong flavors you can use Gorgonzola cheese.
Vol au vents are a French appetizer, really versatile and suitable to every occasion: just change the vol au vent filling according to the dinner and your guests' tastes.
Add this recipe to the list of the best Christams appetizer ideas, the result will be great and you will save a lot of time.
How to make vol-au-vent:
- roll out the puff pastry with the rolling pin, it should be 0.8 inch thick;
- cut out 1.5-inch discs with a circular cutter;
- cut a hole in the centre of half of the discs with a smaller pastry cutter, so as to create crowns;
- place the crowns on the top of the discs and glaze the surface with a beaten egg;
- bake in a pre-heated oven at 356° F for 15 minutes;
- let them cool and set aside.
How to prepare vol-au-vent filling:
- remove the Taleggio's and Fontina's rind, cut into cubes and mix in food chopper;
- now take the mixture and put in a bowl, adding Parmigiano and Robiola;
- continue mixing until you obtain a smooth cream;
- put the cheese sauce in a pastry bag and use it to fill the vol au vents;
- garnish your Christmas appetizer with grains of pomegranate;
For a faster preparation buy ready to use vol au vents.