Appetizer for Christmas: Vol au Vents with Four Cheeses and Pomegranate
A quick and easy Christmas party recipe, a perfect fingerfood idea for a stylish appetizer.
How to make vol-au-vent:
- roll out the puff pastry with the rolling pin, it should be 0.8 inch thick;
- cut out 1.5-inch discs with a circular cutter;
- cut a hole in the centre of half of the discs with a smaller pastry cutter, so as to create crowns;
- place the crowns on the top of the discs and glaze the surface with a beaten egg;
- bake in a pre-heated oven at 356° F for 15 minutes;
- let them cool and set aside.
How to prepare vol-au-vent filling:
- remove the Taleggio's and Fontina's rind, cut into cubes and mix in food chopper;
- now take the mixture and put in a bowl, adding Parmigiano and Robiola;
- continue mixing until you obtain a smooth cream;
- put the cheese sauce in a pastry bag and use it to fill the vol au vents;
- garnish your Christmas appetizer with grains of pomegranate;
For a faster preparation buy ready to use vol au vents.