4th of July Side Dish: Potato Salad with Chives and Dried Tomatoes
Is your garden your friend's preferred location for every party? Surely you must be thinking of the organization of the next barbecue at home. So, have you already thought to a 4th of July menu? If your party is still up in the air, we propose you a selection of Fourth of July recipes to prepare for this day.
In this article we present a potato salad with chives and sun-dried tomatoes. This plate is a perfect fourth of july salad recipe: a potato salad cannot be missed to accompany your grilled meat. This salad can be a great solution for your vegetarian guests: it's a really delicious vegetarian fourth of july recipe.
Put your potato salad in small cups or plates to transform your dish in a 4th of July finger food: there are a lot of inspirational ideas about serving finger food, choose a simple but cute container and reproduce it. It will give a personal touch to your bbq party.
Instead, if you want to create a “bruschetta” you can use a slice of toast or grilled bread as plate for your salad.
What's the best potatoes for potato salad? Don't use starchy potatoes like Russets, choose varieties like Yellow Finn, Yukon Gold or Red potatoes to have a great result with your recipe.
- Wash the potatoes and boil them in salted water, for about 15 minutes.
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Squeeze the garlic.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes, and chop the anchovy fillets.
- In a little bowl mix garlic, oil, lemon and anchovy filets. Salt to taste and take aside. Meanwhile dry the potatoes and let them cool. If the skin is thin you don't need to peel them.
- Cut the potatoes into large dice (½-inch pieces).
- Add the tomatoes and the wine.
- Finally add the sauce that you have prepared and garnish with the chives.