4th of July Cheesecake with Strawberries and Blueberries
A Fourth of July dessert idea: a cheesecake with Ricotta and Robiola cheese decorated with Strawberries and Blueberries.
Every 4th of July party must end with a patriotic dessert: last year you have impressed your guest with your American flag cheesecake, this year you don’t want to repeat the same recipe and you are looking for alternatives, right?
We propose you a delicious fourth of july cake with strawberries and blueberries. What’s new? In this recipe there isn’t Philadelphia but Robiola and Ricotta Cheese.
Robiola is a soft-ripened Italian cheese and it is produced in Piedmont. Usually Robiola is used as a table cheese or it is can be an ingredient for risotto. You will love using this cheese to prepare your cake!
As you know cheesecake can be baked or not, and this 4th July cake is a baked one. Use convection oven if it’s possible. For the cheesecake topping you can experiment combinations of strawberries and blueberries, according to your personal style and taste. We suggest you a classic 4th of July cake decorating idea: choose a color (red or blue) and create a unique big star, then use the other color and fill in the remaining part of the circle.
Happy Fourth of July!
How to make a cheesecake
- Crumble the cookies and add them to the butter (previously soften) and almonds.
- Add a beaten egg white and a little bit of milk until obtaining a firm dough.
- Spread the mix on the bottom of a cake pan (lined with parchment paper) using a spatula, and bake for 7-8 minutes at 370°F.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, blend the eggs in a bowl with cheese, yogurt and sugar until you get a creamy and smooth dough.
- Take the base of your cake and spead a layer of jam on it. Then, pour the Robiola cheese and ricotta mixture over the jam.
- Bake in a preheated oven, for 45 minutes at about 370°F.
- If you have a convection oven, use it for the first half hour, then end cooking without ventilation.
Finally, garnish the cake topping with strawberries and blueberries: draw a big star in the middle using the fruits (the red or blue ones, as you wish) and use the other color to decorate the cheesecake.