4th of July Dessert Recipe: Berries Brownies
Have you already chosen your favorite 4th of july desserts idea?
Brownies are a dessert that people love eating in winter, but this version with mixed berries is perfect for the summer too.
In this recipe you can use all kinds of berries, but if you will use strawberries and blueberries, and you will garnish with whipped cream, you'll get a red white and blue dessert: your patriotic dessert is done!
Traditionally people love to cook for the fourth of july, a cake with strawberries and blueberries, but brownies are faster to prepare and can be a perfect chocolate finger cake for your barbecue party. See also our Forth of July Cheesecake recipe if you want to make a more traditional dessert!
- Heat the oven at 338° F.
- Line a square tin with baking paper.
- Crumble or chop the chocolate.
- Using a bain-marie cooking technique melt the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan.
- Stir until all the ingredients get well mixed.
- Turn off the heat and let cool a little.
- Add the eggs and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Then add the flour and continue mixing well.
- Pour the batter into the square tin, spreading it well with a rubber spatula and bake it for about 20 minutes at 338° F.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- Garnish your Brownies with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and berries.
You can replace the dark chocolate with unsweetened cocoa powder and, if you love brownies without cream, you can add the berries to the batter, before baking.