3 Vodka Sauce Recipes for a 5-Star Menu!
3 simple recipes with vodka sauce to make really excellent dishes in no time.
Let's say that you have to prepare an important dinner but you don't have enough time. How many times have you lived this terrible situations? Well, keep calm and buy a good Vodka sauce that will make you look terrific in the eyes of your guests.
Although many could think that vodka suce comes form Russia, actually it is an Italian-American recipe particularly fashionable in the '70s, great if accompanied by a good glass of Pilsner or Lager beer.
Here we suggest you 3 simple recipes with vodka sauce to make really excellent dishes in no time.
Pasta with Vodka sauce and bacon (or Speck)
Recipe for 4 servings
- Cut a slice bacon or Speck (3,5 oz) into thin and short slices. Pan-fry them in a pan with tow tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix with the vodka sauce.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions or until just cooked.
- When cooked, drain in a colander. Never, ever rinse the pasta.
- Mix with the sauce and serve very hot. Deocrate the dish with a handful of chopped parsley.
Appetizer: shrimp cocktail with vodka sauce and lime
Recipe for 6/8 servings
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan, with 2 cloves of crushed garlic (which are to be eliminated).
- Add 4 chopped anchovies in oil and cook for a cuple of minutes. Leave to cool, then add the vodka sauce and the juice of a lime.
- Mix with a blender.
- Boil in a good court bouillon 14 oz of shrimps, shell them and make them cool.
- Pour the special vodka sauce, when cold, in 6-8 Martini glasses (depending on how many guests you have).
- On the edge of the cups alternate the shrimp tails and thin slices of lime and complet with some chives.
- The shrimps can be eaten with hands, after being dipped in the sauce. It is not necessary to serve them with either bread or crackers.
Salmon steaks with vodka sauce and caviar
- Peel 6 salmon steaks, cut them on the top making a sort of a pocket and fill them with a pingh of minced smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle with black pepper them and cook in a pan, covered with a lind, for 2 'minutes one side and 1 minute on the other.
- Garnish with a tablespoon of vodka sauce, a teaspoon of chopped chives and a half of caviar.