Panettone Bread and Butter pudding with orange sauce
A yummy version of English bread and butter pudding made using slices of soft Italian Panettone.
- Preheat oven to 180 °. In a bowl mix milk, sugar, cinnamon and eggs until getting a creamy and smooth mixture.
- Add the slices of panettone bread and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Grease a baking dish with butter, arrange the slices of panettone onto it and pour the liquid over. Bake for about 4o minutes.
- For the sauce:
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook until getting a thick reduction (if you want you can add some cornstarch).
- Let cool and pour over the pudding before serving.
- You can enrich the orange sauce with a few tablespoons of Cointreau or Amaretto di Saronno liqueur.
- Alternatively, you can make the sauce by diluting some orgnaic orange jam with alittle water or liqueur.
You can also make a chocolate bread and butter pudding using a chocolate panettone.
If you are planning to make a buffet table for your Christmas party, we suggest you to make individual bread and butter puddings.
And if you have children, your mini bread and butter puddings will be a true success!
Images: Bread and Butter pudding by standardspirals and Sliced - Julia's Orange Bread by alpha used under CC BY-SA 2.0 | One of the best... by Vernon Chan used under CC BY 2.0