No-Sugar Avocado and Chocolate Mousse: a Healthy Dessert
Holidays are gone and it's time to get yourself backon track and returnig to your regular routine and to a healthy eating plan. But who said that healthy is not good? You don't even need to skip dessert! So we thought it would be a good idea to suggest you you a classic recipe from the vegan world: a delicious sugar free avocado and chocolate mousse.
This recipe is very ductile and can be changed according to your taste and needs.
How to Make a Vegan Chocolate and Avocado Pudding
- Peel the avocado and blend it in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Melt 2 oz of chocolate in a bowl over a hot water bath and add the vanilla seeds (optional).
- Remove from the heat, add the remaining 1 oz of chocolate and let it melt completely.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the avocado cream and blend.
- Add the rice syrup and, if you like, the chopped pistachios. Blend again for a minute.
- Add any further spices to taste and mix well.
- Pour the mousse into a pastry bag and fill in the cups you prefer (glass jars are nice too).
- Serve with chopped grain or coconut and enjoy cold or lukewarm.
- Store in a refrigerator in an airtight box and consume within 2 days.
You can use 99% chocolate but in this case it's better to add 3-6 tablespoons of vegetable milk to make the mousse creamy. You will also need a larger dose of rice syrup, about 60-80g depending on your taste.
By adding a spoonful of milk (about 10g) you will get a more liquid and easily spreadable cream, whether by adding a dry ingredient, such as a teaspoon of cocoa, you can get a thicker cream to use as a spoon dessert or frosting.
All raw or partially raw recipes have the advantage of being able to be corrected or modified along the way and evaluated simply by tasting!
Keep in mind that the mousse you will get will be lukewarm as the chocolate will still be in a liquid state. As soon as it cools, it will tend to be more compact and solid. To make it soft again do not heat it but put it in the food processor or blender.
Vanilla, chilli and pistachios, almonds or toasted hazelnuts are optional ingredients, but excellent if you want to serve your mousse as a spoon dessert and make it more delicious.
Use this raw avocado and chocolate mousse to fill cakes, for your vegan tiramisu, as a frosting for your cupcakes or as a spreadable cream instead of the best known hazelnut cream. Also good as a snack for children.