Father's Day Gift Baskets: Parmigiano and Balsamic Vinegar
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. This father's day basket with Parmigiano Reggiano and Balsamic Vinegar has been created thinking to this.
This is the time of the year to start looking for special father's day gifts. So, think well... What can really make a father happy? As you know, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so maybe the perfect choice would be a good gourmet gift basket.
Sensibus has made for this occasion different father's day basket ideas. The one we suggest you today is definitely a refined combination: Parmigiano Reggiano and Balsamic Vinegar.
Extremely rich from a nutritional standpoint, Parmigiano Reggiano excels in all points of view: a triumph of flavor without sacrificing healthy eating.
Time gives Parmigiano Reggiano its typical granular flaky texture and the paste becomes brittle.
The wheels of Parmigiano Reggiano are arranged in long lines and let stand on wooden planks. In this way, the surface of the cheese dries forming a natural rind, without treatments and totally edible. The minimum aging period is 12 months and it is at that point that only the best forms, after a careful examination and selection, can continue maturing for 24 months or more.
Experts of the Parmigiano Reggiano Consortium examine each wheel of Parmigiano cheese, and only after a positive verification they brand each form with the DOP stamp.
Parmigiano Reggiano is extremely versatile in the kitchen.
It can be eaten:
- as is, as a snack, simply accompanied by bread or served with an aperitif, with a good glass of wine, with jam or fresh fruit
- to enrich the dishes: grated or petals adds flavor and aroma to pasta, risotto, soups, but also the side dishes, vegetables and fresh salads
- as an ingredient in preparations of stuffed pasta, pies and many other recipes.
Yet, the pairing of flakes of Parmigiano Reggiano 30-36 months enriched with a few drops of Balsamic Vinegar from Modena is absolutely sublime.
Balsamic vinegar is produced in the Emilia region using cooked grape must coming exclusively from the provinces of Modena and Reggio Emilia.
Since 2001 the traditional balsamic vinegar has been protected by the DOP mark. The grape must is fermented and aged for at least 12 years. Yet, high quality vinegar can be aged for even 25 years.
There is another type of balsamic vinegar of Modena which cannot be defined "traditional" by law, to which the IGP mark has been recognized. It is high quality viengar too.
Father's day food ideas
Are you looking for special father's day dinner menu ideas? Here some yummy recipes with balsamic vinegar and Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Grilled pears with Parmigiano and balsamic vinegar IGP
- Risotto with pumpkin with Parmesan flakes and balsamic vinegar
- Tortellini with Pear Sauce and Walnuts
And also some father's day brunch menu ideas that you can easily make.
- Roll-ups with eggplants filled in with Speck, Parmigiano flakes and balsamic vinegar
- Parmigiano cheese flan with Porcini mushrooms and balsamic vinegar
- Parmigiano Reggiano Fondue with drops of balsamic vinegar.