Capannina: Italian Taste in San Francisco
Capannina is a little Italian restaurant in San Francisco, located near La Marina district, the freak area of the city.
Capannina is a little Italian restaurant in San Francisco, located near La Marina district, the freak area of the city. Its logo intentionally recalls that of Campari, one of the most famous Italian brands abroad.
In this homey trattoria, you will find a sober and welcoming setting, where all the details are cared with elegance and style. An example? The famous Italian award-winning chandeliers by Artemide, an homage to another Italian excellence in the world. And then the pink marble and the extraordinary bar in typical Italian style.
The restaurants'staff is friendly, attentive and tactful at the same time; a lady makes home-made pasta every day. The choice of Italian dishes and wines is wide, the freshness and quality of ingredients is a rule.
The list of homemade desserts also deserve praise but a special place is deserved to cheeses: at Capannina the variety of specialty cheeses is truly unique, by far one of the richest and most varied ever seen on a menu. It includes a huge variety of aged and fresh cheeses like Italian mozzarella, burrata, pecorino and ricotta, all coming directly from Italy every few days.
Here are some of the delicious dishes you can try at Capannina, without spending a fortune.
- Baby Greens with Goat Cheese, Walnuts and Shaved Parmesan - $8
- Buffalo Mozzarella with Prosciutto, Roasted Red Peppers and Arugola Insalata - $15
- Tricolore Salad with Pears, Candied Walnuts and Gorgonzola Vinaigrette - $12
- Black Peppered Beef Carpaccio with Parmesan, Arugola and Mustard Dill Sauce - $13
- Oysters on the Half Shell with Champagne Mignonette & Horseradish (depending on quantity)
- Black Ink Risotto with Seared Scallops & Lobster Bisque - $14
- Tuna Carpaccio with Avocado, Crab Meat and Caper Lime Vinaigrette - $15
- Buffalo Mozzarella & Prosciutto Ravioli in Tomato Sauce with Garlic Chips - $16
- Gnocchi with Gorgonzola, Asparagus and Toasted Pinenuts - $17
- Risotto with with Wild Mushrooms, Asparagus and Half Lobster - $26
- Linguine with Fresh Clams and Porcini Mushrooms in White Wine Sauce - $19
- House Made Orecchiette with Italian Sausage, Broccoli Rabe and Spicy Bread Crumbs - $1
Italian-style main course
- Grilled Salmon with Asparagus and Lemon Mustard Vinagrette - $20
- Sand Dabs over Zucchini Cabonata in a White Wine Sauce with Balsamic Reduction - $23
- Rack of Lamb with Black Truffle Mashed Potatoes and Garlic Chips - $32
- Gorgonzola Crusted Beef Medallion in Port Wine Sauce - $30
- Braised Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes in a Red Wine Sauce - $26
Cheese Menu - Selection of Cheeses
Selection of cheeses for One $11 or two $20
- Robiola Delle Langhe Tre Latti
- Blu Del Moncenisio
- Pecorino Lucano
Find the complete menu on www.capanninasf.com
CAPANNINA address: 1809 Union St, San Francisco, CA 94123.