How to Make Pesto Sauce
Italian basil pesto is one of the most renowened delicacies from the beautiful Meditarranean peninsula! Who loves the cooking of this country should try homemade pesto at least once in life, and enjoy the sweet and intense taste of this fresh pesto made only with high quality ingredients: extra virgin oil, pine nuts, Grana Padano Cheese, Pecorino and above all, basil DOP.
Pesto Genovese is a traditional Ligurian dish and represents the symbol of this region. The preparation of this sauce is simpler than what you may imagine but it is important know the right steps and ingredients. Traditionally pesto sauce is made using a marble mortar and a pestle of wood, but you can use also a food processor: with quality ingredients, passion and love for Italian food you can’t do wrong! Now, let's see how to make homemade pesto.
- Wash the basil leaves and let them dry.
- Put peeled garlic in the mortar, add salt and pestle until you obtain a cream.
- Add the basil leaves and a pinch of salt.
- Pestle the mix until you get a green sauce.
- Add the pine nuts and continue to pestle.
- Gradually add Grana Padano and Pecorino.
- Finally, pour the extra virgin oil and mix until getting a homogenous sauce.
- Alterntively, use a food processor.
Try this pesto sauce recipe, and store any leftovers in the refrigerator for 2 days.
You can use your homemade pesto to make a simple main course: pasta with pesto and tomatoes!
And if you don't have time to make it at home, try our delicious Pesto Genovese sauce made with high quality ingredients only.
You'll love it!