Christmas vegetable side dish recipe: potatoes with black truffle
Potetatoes with truffles and cheese, a delicious idea for an easy yet sophisticated Christmas side dish.
Christmas dinner recipes must be special, but special dosen't mean necessarily that you have to spend hours and hours in the kitchen. Better to enjoy family and friends in the hours before midnight. So, here's an idea for a quick and easy Christmas side dish. Dont'you find it extremely sophisticated?
- Place the potatoes in a pan full of cold salted water and after the water begins to boil, cook for 15 or 20 minutes.
- Then drain the potatoes, let them cool slightly, peel and cut into slices about 3-4 mm thick.
- Melt the butter in a pan and then add the potatoes, turning them gentlyevery now and then until they are brown.
- Then remove the potatoes from the heat, garnish with shredded or grated white truffle, flavor them with salt, pepper and a handful of grated cheese and season with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Serve warm. If you want accompany the plate with a Parmesan cheese sauce or with our ready-to-use truffle cream sauce.
Did you know that truffle...
...is not a tuber, although many think so. The misconception comes from the fact that truffles belong to the Tuber family, that encompasses several species of underground fungi.
Find out more christmas side dish ideas on Sensibus.