Cheese with Champagne, a Decadent Pairing
5 ideas to make the best sparkling wine and cheese pairings. A small insight into the most prestigious among sparkling wines.
Types of Champagne to Serve with CheeseFirst of all, before making a list of cheese and Champagne pairings, we have to know what are the different types of Champagne.
You can classify Champagne by the grapes used (white, black or both):
- Blanc de Blancs – Chardonnay grapes;
- Blanc de Noirs – Pinot Noir or Meunier grapes;
- Rosé – Chardonnay, Pinot Noir or Meunier grapes.
- Extra Brut
Champagne and cheese pairing
And finally, here we are with 5 ideas to make the best sparkling wine and cheese pairin, a small insight into the most prestigious sparkling wine.
- Fruity Champagne and goat cheese, a fresh combination to delight delicate palate;
- Camembert and Champagne wine is a classic combination: the bubbles clean your mouth and prepare you to eat another bite. Try Camembert and white Champagne to add freshness to the rougher taste of cheese;
- Brie and Brut Champagne, for the classic pairing lovers;
- Mimolette or Parmigiano reggiano with vintage Champagne, a marriage of ripe flavors;
- Demi-sec Champagne and Stilton, sweet notes to balance the strong flavor of the cheese.
Now you are ready to organize a perfect champagne and cheese party! You can choose one or more combinations and prepare a tasting event at home, surprising your connoisseurs friends, or select the best and exciting pairing for the perfect romantic date.