"Each cheese must be accompanied by fresh fruit, dried fruit, vegetables, herbs, fruit jam or honey, according to its taste, creating unusual yet harmonious arrangements with cheese" - Dominique Dysher, French Chef
How to Make a Cheese Board
There are different ways to present a cheese platter: you can organize a nice cheese board, proposing the most interesting cheeses and the most sophisticated taste or choose classic taste and to play it safe. Whatever your choice present all on a nice platter with the cheese knives and the right pairings. Follow our advices and discover how to make a cheese platter attractive. You'll impress your guests!
Cheese and honey is one of the most refined combinations you can try. Follow our tips and delight yourself and your guests with a delicious honey and cheese platter.
Better a smooth or serrated blade to cut cheese? Should you cut it across or vertically? Here are some tips to make one of the most delicate operations in the kitchen.
A cheese and crackers platter is perfect at any time of the day. Discover our combinations for every taste or create your own cheese and crackers gift basket!
The pairing of cheese with fruit is heavenly but must be made with a criterion. You have to consider the type of milk and the consistency of the cheese. Here are the best combinations of cheese with fruit.
Have fun creating delicious sweet and savory recipes for your 4th of july menu. And this year surprise your guests with a welcome appetizer.
Discover our guidelines to make some of the tastiest cheese and fruit combinations, and make your cheese boards and recipes unique.
The most common use for Cheddar is in the cheeseburger, but there are a lot of things to make with Cheddar cheese.
Would you like to amaze your guests with a delicious Christmas appetizer? We propose you the right recipe: a tasty Christmas tree cheese board!
Would you like to make a refined aperitif? Here are some ideas for a cheese board that your friends will remember for a long time!
How to Arrange a Cheese Platter
Actually there are no strict rules to make the perfect cheese board. What is important is to choose a criteria for what to put on a cheese platter and serve every cheese accompanied by another simple or cooked food: jam, fruit, nuts...
Here is a list of things you can do to make a successful cheese platter presentation.
- Arrange the slices clockwise on the board, starting with soft cheeses to continue with semi-mature and ending up with aged hard cheese. To meet the taste of everyone, include at least 5 cheeses on the platter: a soft, two semi-hard and two hard cheeses and inform your guests where to start the tasting.
- If there are kids, make sure there your cheese platter includes Parmigiano Reggiano D.O.P. or Grana Padano D.O.P. and honey: usually children appreciate this combination.
- Serve cheese at room temperature, for this pull them out of the refrigerator for one to two hours before serving.
- Provide different knives for soft, semi-firm and hard cheeses.
- Accompany your cutting board with jam and honey in small bowls (each with its own spoon). Sugars made from honey or the jams create the perfect balance of taste.
- Better to eliminate the inedible crust cheese.
How to Make a Cheese Board Look Attractive
Here we have to say that the most important thing to make a cheese board attractive is to cut cheeses properly. Few people know how to cut cheese for a cheese tray, that is why it i important to learn it before organizing a cheese tasting at home.
Before the tasting begins, tell the diners the names of the cheeses or write their names on some nice DIY labels. You may also produce a small menu with a brief description of these cheeses and their best combination with honey, jam or other (and, if present, with wine).
Serve bread of different types and shapes (preferably homemade), cut into thin slices or small rolls, arranged in a beautiful basket. The alternative is to allocate a small basket each. In addition, you can add homemade crackers or bread sticks to corn.
Main image: Cheese board, CC BY 2.0